[MUD-Dev] Aetolia

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Wed Jun 13 03:10:11 CEST 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Koster, Raph wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, but those aren't worlds that are being developed separately
are they? As I understand it, different areas, new skills etc aren't
really added in more than minor ways. We want to actually end up
with what can legitimately be called a different world/game
eventually. It's a lot more like the non-commercial MUDs that are
developed from codebases, except Achaea is far more developed as a
'codebase' (wouldn't really call it that, as it's a fully developed
world).

> Dark Ages was based originally on a Korean game. I'm sure Dave can
> speak more to this one, but he was discussing its divergence from
> the original just a few days ago here on this list.

Ah hah, that sounds like what I'm interested in. Say Dave, maybe the
whole list would be interested in hearing about how you decided to
take Dark Ages in a different direction, what drove that decision,
what kind of audience cross-over you've had, etc?

--matt