[MUD-Dev] Focus on Hocus Pocus

rayzam rayzam at home.com
Wed Jun 13 21:07:07 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Chatterley" <mpchatty at hotmail.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: [MUD-Dev] Focus on Hocus Pocus

>> From: "rayzam" <rayzam at home.com>

Putting these two together, I have one more suggestion :)

Make it so a spellcaster writing out a copy of a spell/book for
someone else [selling it off], can limit it's effectiveness. So I
have Rayzam's Ripping Ray. I can sell it as a 90% strength version,
or a 50% version :) Of course, I'm not sure you'd want the strength
to show visibly, or at least only roughly, on the scroll.

This let's you keep a little something back. It's the old 'secret
ingredient' ploy. I list almost all the ingredients but one. You can
make something close, but just not completely as good.

We had a potion and scroll system, wherein each copy was slightly
less effective. Making copies wasn't too difficult, but eventually
someone would have to take the larger effort and make a new original
for themselves, or get a closer generation copy. [The systems are
offline for revamping in other ways currently].

    rayzam