[MUD-Dev] Focus on Hocus Pocus

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Fri Jun 15 08:23:59 CEST 2001

Peter Tyson posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2001 8:36 PM

> Perhaps if you're in woods death magic is weaker, or in a stone
> circle, summoning magic better. All sorts of options!

We do this on RetroMUD.  Depending on what world you're on, the
effectiveness of offensive, protection, and healing spells are
altered (on Crypt, the dead world, healing is less effective).  It
didn't seem to impact behavior enough for PCs to change their
tactics, but they do take advantage of the positive benefits when
they can (they don't avoid Crypt, however).

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://www.retromud.org