[MUD-Dev] Language Parsing for NPCs

Aaron Mulder ammulder at alumni.princeton.edu
Fri Jun 15 22:16:22 CEST 2001

Hi all,

I've become interested in working on language processing to allow
NPCs to carry on more intelligent conversations.  I'm thinking of
NPCs like a bartender or guard or shopkeeper, though really there
shouldn't be any particular limit.

One of the main things I need is some more source material - it's
strange, but 50% of all the speakers in my logs are me!  So, any
logs with conversation you are willing to donate would be a great
help.  I just wish there was some way to get an NPC's log, with all
the things PC's said to the NPC...  Anyway, I'm hoping I can support
a reasonable degree of interaction without devolving into
unnecessarily complicated sentence structures (like this), but any
conversation is a target.

Thanks,
	Aaron