[MUD-Dev] On socialization and convenience

rayzam rayzam at home.com
Sat Jun 16 00:06:26 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Tresca" <talien at toast.net>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 8:23 AM
Subject: RE: [MUD-Dev] On socialization and convenience

>   EXAMPLE: It was a cyberpunk MUD, I don't recall the name.  I
>   wanted to play with my friend (there's one of your answers Raph,
>   I play almost exclusively with people I know beforehand, not
>   after).  We both logged into the game and promptly discovered it
>   was based on a introduction system, no "who" command, no means
>   of easily finding other players.

Cyberworld - TORG based with a Shadowrun overlay. Not only was that
difficult, you were limited in how many you could know. Furthermore,
starting characters started off in their guildhalls [where guild =
class, like shaman, etc]. And it wasn't trivial to travel from one
city to another, making it even harder to meet up.

Lots of pluses about the mud tho, till it went down and never came
back...

    rayzam