[MUD-Dev] re: Language Parsing for NPCs

Troy Fisher ashon at wsunix.wsu.edu
Mon Jun 18 19:57:50 CEST 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> First, I strongly agree that a repository of generic
> conversational logs would be really helpful.  But someone else
> pointed out that in many environments, players have been trained
> to use keywords, so the logs aren't as distinctive as they might
> be.

I'm totally excited about this project, and in that thread of things
I would like to offer my services as I can.  AI and conversational
NPC's have been a high priority of mine, but I have not had the
resources or the know how on to create what I want.  So in the
spirit of sharing and mudding, we at the wheelmud project would be
more then happy to start a repository for the conversations.  And
anything else this project needs to be launched.  If you are
interested we'd love to talk more.

--Lord Ashon
Now is when you should be saying, "Just Kidding!"  --Dilbert
The only way to get rid of a temptations is to yield to it! --Wilde