[MUD-Dev] On socialization and convenience

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Thu Jun 21 10:47:57 CEST 2001

> From: Brian Hook [mailto:bwh at wksoftware.com]

> Back then, trade was VERY fun.  This is coming from a fletcher
> that made a killing selling bows.  My character was quite the
> consummate salesman =)

I started playing about 1 month after launch. Sadly I made an
Erudite, and was puzzled why this MMORPG only had 5 other people I
ever saw in the area.  Toxxulia forest nearly drove me to quit the
game before I even started, and I dared not board a boat to escape
the continent as I had been warned about how buggy the boats were
and how I could lose my character. There was no way I was risking
losing that backpack I'd bought. Oh and the fact I was warned about
zombies and pirates that attacked you whilst on the boat!

Such are the hazards of starting on the underdeveloped side of the
world...

Anyway, I didn't see much trade at first =)

Dan