[MUD-Dev] On socialization and convenience

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Thu Jun 21 17:42:56 CEST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: J C Lawrence <claw at 2wire.com>

> ObNote: While I actively dislike and do not use IM (horrible
> idea), I've been waiting for someone to integrate one or more of
> the popular IM servers (AIM, ICQ, etc) into/with their service.
> At a programming level its not hard.  The interface jockeying can
> be a bit tricky.  The player penetration/perception rewards seem
> to be rich and waiting..

For what it is worth, we've considered it, and haven't yet ruled it
out, as a Guild Leader tool at least.  You're correct that the
interface issues are significant, at least for recieving messages
(since they all insist that messages be viewed in their client).
*Sending* a message, however, is a simple matter of making an HTTP
call.

--Dave Rickey