[MUD-Dev] Trust systems and Player-Run Reputation

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Tue Jun 26 12:03:19 CEST 2001

Maybe I've missed something, but the biggest problem I see with this
non-directed cyclic graph, is that it is exactly that.

You end up with an potentially unstable system, which even if it is
stable, would require many iterations to arrive at a stable point.

(If its not clear what I'm driving at, consider that my rating of
Boffo is based on my friends rating of him, but my friends rating is
based on mine.  Thats a two way dependency which is a problem, then
start adding friends in and it quickly becomes exponentially
harder).

Of course I may have missed something here?

Dan