[MUD-Dev] Introduction

Elia Morling elia at familjen.se
Tue Mar 6 08:06:44 CET 2001

Hi,
I'm new to this list, so a short introduction is in order. We
are a team mainly based in sweden working on Tildruin,
a graphical mud. The client will be programmed in shockwave
so it can be played directly in a web browser or downloaded
as a standalone application. The actual game server logic is
being coded in Java from scratch. We plan to open sometime
2001. Here a list of features/aspects, who knows perhaps=20
something is worth discussing:

- free to play of course.
- roleplay encouraged.
- Exp is not rewarded through killing.=20
- The character progresses by developing his skills
- A character traverses along a path: class -> profession -> =
specialization
- A character may have an additional trade title such as: miner, =
juggler, smith.
- Online creation
- Player defined religions with PvP conversions.
- Renting and furnishing homes
- Renting and running shops
- A unique implementation of languages (when it comes to graphical muds)
- Full seasons! Every grass straw will be affected.
- Planting and harvesting crops. Full environmental cycle. From finding =
a seed,
planting it, watching the plant grow, harvesting it's crops, crafting =
goods with
the materials it produces, etc.

Well I'm not sure, but I doubt advertising is allowed here so I'm =
leaving out the
web adress. This way I've just presented a concept and not something =
that will
attract anybody anywhere. ;)

Cheers,
Elia / Thorgil