Digital Property Law [was RE: [MUD-Dev] Selling training]

geoffrey at yorku.ca geoffrey at yorku.ca
Tue Mar 13 02:41:31 CET 2001

Matt Mihaly wrote:

> Further, regardless of how we look at things, we're just game
> designers. Game designers seem pretty darn unlikely to have any
> serious influence on politics anytime soon.

Well, we may have a small influence, but we occupy a fair amount of
mindshare, given the debate around violence in video games.

> We're a small industry that isn't taken seriously as an economic or
> political force (no one gives a damn if the computer games lobby (if
> there even is one)

I think the computer games developers association or whatever it's
called does do a fair amount of lobbying regarding rating systems, and
their promises to control and monitor design and content.

G.