Digital Property Law [was RE: [MUD-Dev] Selling training]

Koster Koster
Tue Mar 13 08:23:57 CET 2001

Yes, but many universities maintain their own police forces that work
in conjunction with the local police. They are not merely security,
they are actual police. On many large campuses, a rape incident is
investigated by the campus police, not the town police.

And they can and do selectively enforce laws based on the university's
laws.  For example, on my undergrad campues there was a celebration
for May Day.  The custom was to walk around naked that day. The campus
police winked and nodded. If you crossed the street, though, the town
police would nab you.  (One year, the campus police set towels by the
side of the road so you could wrap yourself in it, cross, then leave
it at the other side for the next person)...

-Raph