FW: [MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

Nathan F.Yospe yospe at kanga.nu
Wed Mar 14 00:39:19 CET 2001

Matt Mihaly <the_logos at www.achaea.com> said:

> On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Travis Nixon wrote:

>> Let me just take this opportunity to say that I am not currently
>> working on an online game, but that if anybody has a spare few
>> million dollars and a development staff burning a hole in their
>> pocket, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands. :)

> I'll hire you if you don't mind being deferring payment for a few
> years.

Cute.  But... honestly, how *do* you start a commercial venture when
you haven't got the capitol?  The only defered paycheck programmers
left are the ones worth what they are being payed, after the dot-com
shakedown, I suspect.  I certainly wouldn't work for stock unless I
was the principal of the company... or one of the principals, and
*really* trusted all the others.  And the business plan.  And the
product space.  And...

--
Nathan F. Yospe  email: yospe at kanga.nu nyospe at a2i.com nyospe at pacbell.net
Don't mind me, I'm just insane - there's someone else here, in my brain.