[MUD-Dev] New Bartle article

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Wed Mar 14 13:14:39 CET 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com <Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com>

> This post prompted me to go and read your faq, and I have to say I'm
> very impressed. I definitely agree with splitting the realms as it
> solves the pvp issue of cross teaming (unless people really want to
> cheat with 2 accounts or gamevoice etc...). I'll be interested to
> see how you address balancing issues so as to prevent everyone
> gravitating to a certain race. People have such a tendancy to
> min/max...

> Hopefully you will post up here when applications for beta 3 are open
> as its definitely one of the most promising sounding games.

Actually, I'm playing with the idea of recruiting a "Special Squad" of
testers, made up of people from this list (including a few of our
competitors).  We're about to face an information overload with the
opening of Beta 3, so much feedback it will be hard to sort out.  I'm
thinking that a group of people already familiar with the theory of
these games might be able to help us out.

--Dave Rickey