[MUD-Dev] Movies bigger than games? (was Re: Digital Property Law)

Tess Lowe tess at havensong.com
Wed Mar 14 16:41:52 CET 2001

> Tess Lowe wrote:

>>   Speaking of which, and just to prove my point, last year people
>>   actually spent more on video games than on movies. You heard me,
>>   MORE. Yet there are hundreds of news stories and entertainment
>>   shows glorifying the cinema every day. Why is it a major news
>>   story if Hannibal makes $100 million? The Final Fantasy games for
>>   the Playstation made over $100 million each, without eating
>>   anyone, and nobody put that on the news anywhere.

Grr. I didnt write this. I was quoting someone else who wrote it.

Fascinating to see how the attribution gradually got removed though.

~Tess

<EdNote: In order to prevent this and other complaints that have been
reported off-list, as a general rule I will now be rejecting list
postings which have missing second level attributions>