[MUD-Dev] Movies bigger than games? (was Re: Digital Property Law)

Brack Brack
Mon Mar 19 16:17:56 CET 2001

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Mihaly, Matt wrote:

> Where did you get those numbers from? I'm not able to find anything
> about profits, because most of the movie studios aren't public
> companies. I'm only able to find numbers on gross revenue.

IMDB.com reports a great deal of information on budgets, as well as
actual revenue for both US and UK releases for all sorts of films.
While some film companies may be private, how powerful a studio is
directly correlates to the money their films bring in, and that is
information they want you to have.

JAB