[MUD-Dev] PK vs no-PK?

Kevin Littlejohn darius at bofh.net.au
Tue Mar 20 17:22:58 CET 2001

Vincent Archer wrote
> According to KevinL:

>>   http://uenaelar.gameloft.fr/htm/us/chap009.htm
>>
>> Read the bit at the bottom regarding the rude newbie... *chuckle*

> Apart from the fact that the story is a fake. No beneficial spells
> may be cast on NPCs (including that healing spell he was supposed to
> use), because, as the story says, it would be bypassing the PvP
> restrictions (allowing PvP in a non-PvP setting, or making a player
> lose experience in PvP, by making him die to a NPC rather than a
> player)

Hrm.  Strange - I've cast heal on NPC's before - and copped flack from
the group I was "helping" for doing so ;) Have to go back and check
that one...  It's a fairly common mistake for my little Shaman to
make, he's not so good with the targetting ;)

Thanks for pointing that out,

KevinL
(off to heal some monsters ;)