[MUD-Dev] [ECOSYSTEMS] Fishing in the real world

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Fri Nov 2 10:46:54 CET 2001

Of course, this is mutually exclusive to having intelligent mobs, as
what intelligent tribe of orcs is going to abandonen their
invulnerable zone.

Anyway as someone else pointed out, what the difference between
actually modelling an area but not letting players in, and just
spawning stuff at a point where conceptually you want the zone to
exist. As far as I can see none.

I'm fairly convinced that the pure modelling approach simply won't
make a fun game. The scales would have to be obscene, and tracking
through a forest for 12 hours and only seeing one animal probably
isn't most people's cup of tea.

Having said that, I do take your point on board :) I just contend
its value in a game.

Dan