[MUD-Dev] Virtual environments for education?

Bruce Mitchener bruce at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 8 01:08:24 CET 2001

Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Edward Glowacki wrote:

>> What I'm looking for (and hope that the MUD-Dev community can
>> help with) is:

>>   - Examples of systems that do some or all of these things

>>   - Suggestions or experiences with using an online environment
>>   for shared learning.

>>   - Any other ideas or thoughts that we may have overlooked.

> I can think of one example of something similar; BioMoo

Both MediaMOO and MOOSE Crossing, the work of Amy Bruckman, have
been brought up before on MUD-Dev.

Some info on MOOSE Crossing can be had at:

  http://www.cc.gatech.edu/elc/moose-crossing/

That same group in Georgia has done other related work as well.  Amy
Bruckman's thesis on MOOSE Crossing can be found at:

  http://www.cc.gatech.edu/fac/Amy.Bruckman/thesis/index.html

She and Michael Resnick had a paper on MediaMOO published in 1995:

  http://www.cc.gatech.edu/fac/Amy.Bruckman/papers/convergence.html

Good luck,

  - Bruce