[MUD-Dev] Community Building

Sanvean sanvean at ginka.armageddon.org
Fri Nov 30 14:51:40 CET 2001

One of the things I've been doing recently is working on building
Armageddon's sense of community.  We've always had a strong one,
with people having various gatherings as well as communicating
outside the game via discussion boards, irc, bulletin boards, etc.
I added a section to the website that includes:

  - a link to our cafepress store (items are sold at cost)

  - a list of current projects immortals are requesting help with

  - a link to our donations page

  - guidelines for submitting items, documentation, etc.

  - a list of newbie helpers

  - a link to an online journal that both players and staff are
  encouraged to contribute to

  - a page of alternate games they might enjoy (although, I must
  confess, what I've listed there are games in other genres, such as
  Otherspace, that I think they would enjoy but which don't draw on
  the same themes we do)

  - a link to the archive of our weekly newsletter

I'm curious what efforts other people have made to do the same, and with
what degree of success.

Sanvean
http://www.armageddon.org