[MUD-Dev] Agora, a Wiki for MUD topics

Bruce Mitchener bruce at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 30 23:22:19 CET 2001

Howdy all,

For a long time, I've wanted to have some sort of Wiki serving the
MUD-Dev community (as well as the broader MUD design and
implementation community) to help provide a more organized and
accessible source for the knowledge present within both our
community and the MUD-Dev archives.

To that end, I've started one along with a few other list members,
located at:

   http://agora.cubik.org/

What does the name 'Agora' mean?

   Agora is an ancient greek word that referred to a place of
   assembly, particularly a marketplace.

What is the intent and goal?

   We're creating a shared repository of information that anyone can
   draw from, and that anyone can contribute to.  This can be new
   content, or it can summarizations and pointers into sources like
   the MUD-Dev archives.

What is a Wiki?

   A wiki is a collaboratively maintained site, where the content
   can all be edited by any user of the site.  For more information,
   see http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiWikiWeb .

   We run a different implmentation of Wiki which has many more
   features: http://www.twiki.org/

The content tends towards the topics and biases of the current
contributors.  I hope that changes as others begin to contribute and
flesh out the areas where things are currently weak.

If you experience any problems, have any complaints or comments,
feel free to contact me via email at bruce at cubik.org.

We're looking forward to seeing you there,

  - Bruce

PS. With some of the less common or older browsers (or if you run
with JavaScript off), there may be some rendering issues.  We'll be
working on fixing those.  It does work under Lynx though, as well as
IE and Mozilla. :)