[MUD-Dev] [BIZ] Billing systems

Brian Hook bwh at wksoftware.com
Fri Sep 7 19:38:15 CEST 2001

At 02:47 PM 9/6/01 -0700, Christopher Allen wrote:

> Unfortunately, there is no standard software package. Between
> different card services companies, different intermediary software
> packages each different one might require you to use, etc. it is
> quite a chore.

Doing a basic google search I found quite a few subscription style
software systems for sale, for example the RODOPI:

  http://www.rodopi.com

Companies like this cater to the ISP market, and that's pretty much
what a commercial MUD is.  Why were services like this unsuitable?

> why the World Apart/TEC signed up with us -- they didn't want to
> have to write billing code ;-)

Well let me know if you guys want to start hosting other people's
MUDs.  Until then I guess I'm going to have to deal on my own =)

Thanks,

Brian