[MUD-Dev] Benchmarking MUDs

Adam Martin ya_hoo_com at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 23:51:18 CEST 2001

From: "Lars Duening" <lars at bearnip.com>
> Chris Gray wrote on Wednesday, September 05 2001, 07:56:10:

>> Is anyone besides me actually interested in doing this?

> Well, I must admit that I share Matt's position: it'd be
> interesting to run some tests provided by somebody else, but
> developing such tests is not exactly my kind of fun.

> But I could imagine that Mud admins are more interested in this -
> after all they are the ones using the drivers, and therefore have
> a better idea of what would be useful to know.

If anyone puts together a set of tests, and ensures they are
documented well enough to be unambiguous (and hence actually
useful), then I'm sure a lot of people will spring up who are ready
to start running them. Don't be put off by the characteristic
silence that often meets questing suggestions on MD - suggestions
which people do think are a good idea really, but assume you know
that and hence don't necessarily say so.

Personally, if a set of tests appears I'll happily run them against
what we're developing and post the results, if only out of general
interest.

Adam M