[MUD-Dev] Vircom T4C

Valerio Santinelli tanis at mediacom.it
Mon Sep 10 08:39:00 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Hook" <bwh at wksoftware.com>

> I don't recall seeing this mentioned, but I stumbled across
> Vircom's T4C MMORPG while looking for billing systems (Vircom
> makes Radius).  Vircom apparently has developed T4C to sell to
> ISPs, and apparently the North American license allotment is
> already allocated.

> http://www.vircom.com/en/products/t4c/ispinfo.shtml

Here in Italy Vircom is quite famous. One of our gaming ISP has got
the licence for the Italian zone and translated the whole game into
Italian.  I played during the beta phase, and the whole engine is
nice if you think that it's real old (it's been written around 1997
if I'm not wrong).  If you compare it to any other MMORPG, it fails
:) Graphics is really ugly and the scripting engine is a real
shame. Everything is made up of coded quests, but most of them are
something like "kill that enemy that respawns every 30
minutes".. and imagine 1000 people trying to kill this damn enemy in
order to go to advance to the next quest. It gets tiring after a
bit.

--
Valerio Santinelli
HateSeed.com Founder (http://www.hateseed.com)