[MUD-Dev] Preference for host OS

J C Lawrence claw at 2wire.com
Mon Sep 10 16:57:31 CEST 2001

On Sat, 08 Sep 2001 23:35:54 -0700
Brian Hook <bwh at wksoftware.com> wrote:

> So if people are willing to chime in about their choice of host OS
> and, more importantly, why, I'd be very interested in hearing.

Writing as list owner:

  Based on the numerous replies to this message currently sitting in
  the moderation queue (more than 20) a couple comments are in
  order:

    First, thanks for the lack of flames and general noise in the
    replies.  Its pleasing to not see a single OS-bigot post across
    the almost two dozen replies currently awaiting moderation.
    Again, thanks.

    Unsurprisingly there's quite a bit of repetition and
    generalising across the currently queued replies.  I will be
    moderating and editing posts this thread more heavily than I do
    most threads to help maintain focus and prevent a message
    explosion for a topic that is on the margins of this list.
    Edits will of course be noted in-message.  Translation: lotsa
    judgment calls.  If, as a result of this, one of your posts or a
    topic ends up on the cutting room floor that you consider
    shouldn't have please feel free to raise this with me directly
    at mud-dev-owner at kanga.nu, or on the Meta list (meta at kanga.nu --

J C Lawrence