[MUD-Dev] Structured Social Play

shren shren at io.com
Fri Sep 14 15:07:17 CEST 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Daniel Bendiksen wrote:

> Another thing that turns me off about mud email is how shockingly
> primitive it is! It's almost like someone created a crude line
> entry method and thought "operational. I'll make it better later",
> but then never got back to it.

Sounds like there's room for a common document editor for smaller
muds to use.  Have an editor/small server package where the player
can write and name documents.  When the user logs on to a mud, the
mud calls the player's ip with the port of the document system, and
then whenever he needs to input text/email/messages/whatever he has
the option of using text from the document system.

--
All that I believe now, anything is possible,
a simple explanation for the evil in this world,