[MUD-Dev] in-game vs web-based boards (was: Geometric content generation)

Bruce Mitchener bruce at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 28 08:52:00 CEST 2001

Vincent Archer wrote:

> Of course, it didn't help that Funcom pushed a patch that made
> some mobs almost invulnerables, and didn't even put an emergency
> patch or back off their changes.

Vincent,

I'm not sure that this isn't a question born of utter ignorance, but
I'm curious anyway...

  Why is the vulnerability of a mob something that would change in a
  client-visible patch?  To me, that seems like something that is
  entirely controlled by the server and that the server would likely
  send the relevant data to the client as needed?

  - Bruce