[MUD-Dev] Otherland

shren shren at io.com
Mon Aug 12 08:03:04 CEST 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Richard A. Bartle wrote:

<big snip>

> Isn't it nice when the real world has something positive to say
> about virtual worlds, instead of making them out to be
> suicide-inducing havens of bad porn and devil worship?

<spoiler space for Otherland series>

<EdNote: Umm, no.  This is not that kind of list.>

Uh...  I can't figure out how you get to the last paragraph from the
rest of the post.  Is Otherlands about virtual worlds?  Yes, and
that's interesting.  Don't forget, however, that the virtual worlds
of the Otherland series literally eat the souls of children.  I
wouldn't use the series to indroduce people to the concept of MUDs
unless you secretly dislike MUDs and want to see young mothers with
free time form a "MUDs eat the souls of our children!" lobby.

--
We in the USA have plenty of freedom.
We import it from everywhere.