[MUD-Dev] Re: java clients

justice at softhome.net justice at softhome.net
Mon Aug 12 11:27:50 CEST 2002

Jon A. Lambert writes:
> Lars Duening wrote:

>> It's your decision what OS you use, but please do not call
>> software which runs just on Windows "cross-platform", because it
>> isn't.

> Sure it is.  I just didn't mention Microsoft NT Alpha, the
> Microsoft XBOX OS and the Microsoft Pocket PC OS as well.  Alpha
> has been dropped I believe, but XBOX and Pocket PC are certainly
> great candidates for MUD clients.  ;-)

Technically, it would be cross-platform, although I wouldn't
consider it as a true cross-platform situation as you're more or
less using only the "microsoft" platform.

As much as I hate to admit it, the vast majority of computer "users"
use Microsoft so it's a requirement.  The idea of "cross-platform"
is to allow those who use other operating systems such as Mac (god
why?) and *nix.

 -- Kwon J. Ekstrom