[MUD-Dev] narrative

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Mon Aug 12 13:57:50 CEST 2002

John Buehler
> Brandon J. Van Every writes:

>> I think these R&D guys avoid learning how to write because they'd
>> rather keep going in a kind of discipline / mentality /
>> engineering methodology that is more familiar and tractable to
>> them.  I'd love to read the writing of a R&D guy that proves me
>> wrong.

> Does Arthur C. Clarke count?

Not unless he creates storywriting software tools, or works very
closely with storywriting software tool researchers.  If Arthur
C. Clarke has written a compelling work using one of these
storywriting tools, then YES I would be impressed.  I would want to
find out what that tool does and doesn't accomplish for Clarke, what
he thinks about the tool.

SHOW ME THE WRITING.

20% of the world is real.