[MUD-Dev] Re: java clients

David Yazel wizofid at shore.net
Wed Aug 14 00:01:28 CEST 2002

Just to weigh in here with some information.  Our product (Magicosm)
is written in 100 percent java on both the client and the server.
Our client is a 3d graphical front end using Java3d.  We have it
working without any source code changes or recompiles on Linux,
Windows and SunOS.  Eventually this list will include MacOS when Sun
and Apple get their act together regarding licensing issues.
Magicosm was demoed at this year's GDC (as some of you saw when you
dropped my our display) and at Siggraph this month.  One of the
frequest comments was "This is written in java????"

Dave Yazel
http://www.magicosm.net