[MUD-Dev] narrative

Jeremy Noetzelman jjn at kriln.com
Wed Aug 14 09:34:57 CEST 2002

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Dave Rickey wrote:

> Are these great art?  Rousing stories?  No, not even close.  But
> they can be an interesting way to while away a few hours while
> hanging out with your friends.

And this is exactly why I play MUDs and MMOGs.  I don't play them
because they're such wonderful literary creations.  I'll read a book
if I want compelling writing.  When I play a MUD or a MMOG, I play
because /I/ create my own story in my head with the framework I'm
given by the game.  I don't think that I'm alone in this belief.