[MUD-Dev] Unique items vs. item references

Harrok harrok at austarmetro.com.au
Wed Aug 14 18:44:58 CEST 2002

From: "Damion Schubert" <damion at ninjaneering.com>

> The blacksmith simply couldn't handle the mystical forces he was
> screwing around with, and chucked it in the trash where it was
> found by a thief.

A great explanation -- I think the challenge, at least as far as
this thread is concerned -- would be to devise a mechanism so the
explanation became apparent to the player who found the ring. I
guess, in this regard, it would be more convincing if the ring was
discovered in the trash behind the magesmith's workshop, or was
clearly half-completed on examination.

Cheers
Bill McKinley