[MUD-Dev] Picketing in Sims Online

Marc Fielding fielding at computer.org
Mon Dec 2 18:46:27 CET 2002

from damion:

> Do you think Electronic Art's lawyers didn't think they had
> exercised a fair amount of paranoia before Ultima Online was
> launched?

> Remember, to people who don't make or play these things, it's hard
> to imagine that any bad things can happen in or because of 'a
> game'.

Quite true. For the uninitiated, these "brave new worlds" can often
inspire incredible naiveté. However, UO was on the leading edge of
MMORPG development at the time, and its success bred the griefing
and abuse that result in so much debate here and elsewhere. I'd like
to think that someone at Sims Online is paying attention.

How's that for naiveté? ;)

-Marc

Marc Fielding
fielding at trimthis.computer.org