[MUD-Dev] Towards virtual worlds ... (and the failure of the current industry)

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at alltel.net
Fri Dec 6 17:26:12 CET 2002

"Marc De Mesel" wrote:

> But the most fantastic discovery was the project she and her
> fellow soulmates are trying to realize:

>   http://www.archaean.com/emage.html

This needs to be logged and filed under ImmersionManifesto
(WikiWiki) as it is indeed classic.  I've written one or two myself,
though not nearly as pretty (or idealized).  :-)

There is an audience for this stuff.  But my own thoughts are that
this FreedomToBeWhatYouWantToBe is merely a choice to being
strait-jacketed by an arbitrary fantastic system of game rules or an
abstraction of physical laws.  I think FreedomToBeWhatYouWantToBe
lies somewhere more in the direction of Sims Online and Furcadia.  I
mean if we're talking attractive productions, as it has always been
available in less attractive packaging (textual games).

--
J. Lambert