[MUD-Dev] Retention without Addiction?

Chris Holko cholko at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 10 06:04:56 CET 2002

<EdNote: Attribution fixed>

[Raph Koster]:

> We're certainly the target of the moment. And given the heavily
> conservative government and benches we're going to have for the next
> few years as well as the serious erosion of freedoms we're already
> observing, there's real risk of stuff happening like what happened
> with the Comics Code, at least here in the US.

Raph,

Consistently it hasn't been declared "Conservatives" who come after
the game industry.  I seem to recall that the so call "left" has
more Congressman and friends coming after the industry than the
"right".  The ones coming at the industry from the "right" seem
mostly to be confined to religious circles and not political ones.
Remember both Gore and Clinton both came down on the entertainment
industry as a whole, but particularly games, as being to violent for
children.  Even Lieberman chimed in.