AC2 was RE: [MUD-Dev] Total Annilation of Downtime

Sean Kelly sean at seattle.ffwd.cx
Tue Dec 10 09:15:29 CET 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Amanda Walker wrote:

> Hmm.  There's not a whole lot of incentive not to play a
> non-optimized combo, though, and class balance varies up the level
> ladder and in PvP vs PvM.  Minmax players will definitely go for
> the big three, though.

How is PvP handled in AC2?  IMO the thing that ultimately enabled AC
to retain its dedicated players was that many of them switched to
Darktide (the all PvP server).  Personally, I was surprised by the
release of AC2.  I didn't hear a word about the beta and didn't know
the game had actually been released until a few days ago.  Perhaps
I've been out of the loop, but AC2 seems to have gotten far less
press than AC1.

Sean