[MUD-Dev] expansion packs

Marc Fielding fielding at computer.org
Tue Dec 10 17:24:37 CET 2002

[Daniel Harman]

> How do they keep releasing games that have a worse interface than
> the one a 3 year old game shipped with? It beggars belief. Do the
> people designing these games even play them in anger?

> My tolerance for elementary omissions is now approaching zero - I
> won't be hanging on three months whilst they fix these things. I
> suspect others feel similar.

Perhaps in 5 to 10 years, if interface development has stabilized,
we'll see an "IEEE Standard for MMOG User Interfaces." Games that
adhere to it would be allowed to put a little IEEE logo on their
boxes...right next to the Surgeon General's warning: "MMOGs are
addictive and not for the morally impressionable! Play at your own
risk."

;)

-Marc