[MUD-Dev] Total Annilation of Downtime

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Thu Dec 12 11:56:43 CET 2002

From: Matt Mihaly

> Not really. As soon as the players know that whatever text means
> someone is "invading their privacy" they will get pissy. It's not
> the words used, it's what is being done.

Bah, that's ridiculous. Is it the players fault that the game
interfaces don't convey sufficient information without having to use
commands like that. In the real world, I can probably spot that the
guy is wielding a bloody great claymore, it's a lot harder in a
mud. Even in the graphical games, model detail and memory
constraints prevent sufficient information from being conveyed.

Dan