[MUD-Dev] Total Annilation of Downtime

Wes Connell wconnell at kanga.nu
Thu Dec 12 19:23:58 CET 2002

Amanda Walker wrote:

> That's beside the point, though.  Why do you need to know what
> equipment I'm wearing or carrying?  You can't see inside my purse
> or under my shirt in the real world, why should you be able to in
> a MUD?  (please avoid obvious frat-boy answers ;-))

But, I should be able to see that you are female, carrying a purse
and at least wearing a shirt from a single look without giving you a
psychopathic stare. Most MUDs won't give up that information
*without* a psychopathic stare. Though, in a graphical environment
you can get alot from just a quick glance... the true should be the
same in MUDs.

I've always imagined the common hangouts of MUDs with PK as a bunch
of big husky warriors and nasty assassins all with their eyes on the
ground so they never 'look' at anybody else.

--
Wes!
wconnell at kanga.nu