[MUD-Dev] ADMIN: Post formatting

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Dec 12 20:31:40 CET 2002

Writing as list owner:

  This list requires attribution of quoted text and top quoting (new
  text goes below the (trimmed) quote it refers to).  Those and the
  other guidelines are stated on the list's page at:

  If you are unfamiliar with the guidelines please review them.  Most
  (almost all) of them are simple restatements of standard netiquette.
  If you have disagreements or comments on the guidelines please feel
  free to use the Meta list (I suggest you review the archives of prior
  such discussions first).

  While I will occasionally fix messages which don't conform, and I will
  even more occasionally note that fact in the those messages, please do
  not rely on me to as you will be disappointed.  My free time, such as
  it is, is in increasingly short supply (those who have worked at early
  stage startups should nod understandingly at this point).

  More simply:

    In the general case I reject non-conforming messages.

    This is not intended to be offensive or derogatory, and is not a
    judgment on the content of the message (when I do judge content I'll
    state so clearly).

    It is up to the poster to correct and resubmit rejected messages.

    When I'm generous enough to do the correction and resubmission for
    you, please take that as a gentle hint.

  Remember: MUD-Dev has fundamentally the same problems as a MUD...

--
J C Lawrence