[MUD-Dev] Is database access a bottleneck?

Travis Nixon tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com
Fri Dec 13 18:02:35 CET 2002

Sean Kelly wrote:

> Last time I checked, a single-license of Oracle Enterprise was ~
> $700 for the x86 version... and I think the *nix version was the
> same price.

Follow up to the email I sent just a minute ago that hasn't shown up
yet claiming that you had to pay for both named users and
processors.

That doesn't appear to be true.  The name of the license "Named
Users Plus" threw me off.

:)

There is still the minimum of 25 users, though.  And it appears that
separate computers accessing the DB independently each count as
named users.