Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Mon Dec 16 22:35:34 CET 2002

Scott A. Farley posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 11:43 PM

> What about the *advantages* of two or more accounts? Players with
> multiple accounts and multiple boxes has reached epidemic
> proportions based on my own experience and anecdotal
> evidence. With two concurrent accounts, players can (i) trade
> between accounts, (ii) play both simultaneously (iii) have a ready
> account for family or friends to play. The current Star Wars
> Galaxies design is going to push many players into buying multiple
> accounts, just to overcome the limitation of a single character
> per server. Why not try to bring players using two or more
> accounts back into the game design?

AHHHHH!

AHHHHHHHHH!

What about the players who want to cheat?  What about the players
who want to virulently curse at every player who walks within five
feet of them?  What about the players who want to brutally abuse the
game system?

When did muling become a right?

I'm sorry, the restriction is really, really, REALLY not that much
of a hindrance.  Characters should be personal things you develop
and enjoy -- the gaming experience should be something you enjoy in
the long term.  Trading between accounts, playing both
simultaneously, is all starting to smack of better ways to get ahead
in a game that should not be about exclusively getting ahead
(getting ahead of what?).

Mulers rapidly degrade the gaming environment.  Yes, the MMORPG that
speaks out against it loses money, but it's money worth losing.

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://www.retromud.org/talien