shren shren at io.com
Tue Dec 17 21:41:52 CET 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Vincent Archer wrote:
> According to Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com:

>> This is likely to lead to stratification between 100% trade
>> skillers (or guild trade skill mules - an inevitability) and 100%
>> combat players. Or perhaps SWG is going to be sufficiently
>> rewarding, at such a multitude of activites, that I'm missing the
>> point entirely and applying past experience where it doesn't fit.

> Basically, we have UO Siege Perilous. Hmmm, I wondered why it was
> familiar :)

I am reminded of what I will call Jeff's solution, which is to give
everyone points that can be spent on tradeskills and only
tradeskill.  He built community by having a host of tradeskills and
then giving everyone a free skill slot that could only be used on
tradeskills.  There were a few full-time crafters about, but by and
large everyone had one trade skill and between everyone we had them
all, which is great for community building.