[MUD-Dev] RE: BlackSnow sues Mythic for online property rights

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Fri Feb 8 13:53:29 CET 2002

From: "Dr. Cat" <cat at realtime.net>

> Being self-funded does suck sometimes.  I'm kinda expecting a lot
> of people will assume that Sims Online came up with the idea of an
> attention-based economy first, and I copied it, even though I've
> been meaning to do it for years now.

Virtually nothing done in The Sims is new. It's just that the
technology hasn't been here to do it well for so long, most people
gave up on it.

I think what really sucks is when you don't constantly turn out crap
to pay the bills, preferring to work steadily on something
worthwhile... and people still see it as a *failure* to do anything
at all, rather than a decision not to do anything that sucks.