[MUD-Dev] BlackSnow sues Mythic for online property rights

Alex Kay yak at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 8 19:33:44 CET 2002

From: "Koster, Raph" <rkoster at soe.sony.com>

> http://www.camelotexchange.com/PressRelease.asp

> BLACKSNOW INTERACTIVE SUES MYTHIC (DAOC) IN FEDERAL COURT FOR
> MMORPG PLAYER'S RIGHTS

If I was a more enterprising individual I might consider setting up
a secure, legal, monetary exchange system that can be integrated
into any number of online games. Then sell this service to Verant,
Mythic, etc (assuming they are receptive) to enable secure in- game
auctioning for real world money (the advantage of allowing cross
game auctions is obvious).

Then both the game developer and myself could take a percentage of
all trades with the rest going to the player. Win, Win, Win!

If only I was an enterprising individual...

BTW, Project Entropia's (http://www.project-entropia.com/) method of
income is looking very interesting and could be a haven to those
wanting to profit from playing.

Alex