[MUD-Dev] Everquest player survey with interesting points

Olof Ekström <olof.ekstrom@abc.se> Olof Ekström <olof.ekstrom@abc.se>
Tue Feb 12 13:18:06 CET 2002

Hello all, I'd just like to point out that "the Norrathian Scrolls"
is available (not mine or related to me). It has been posted on
slashdot, so many of you no doubt already saw it. It's a thesis, the
subject of which is the EQ player population.

My main reaction reading it is that it confirms many popular views,
and it strikes me that it might be hard to tell to what extent the
replies simply mirror popular opinion rather than actual facts -
then again, I'm not into statistics. The points I'm thinking about
are things like social/anti-social behaviour related to age,
cross-gender play and attitudes toward it, goal-oriented play and so
on. Many of the things covered in the survey tie in closely to
threads currently or recently active on this list.

In other areas it may provide some hard facts (actual numbers) for
things like motivation for male/female players etc.

  http://www.nickyee.com/eqt/home.html

  pdf version http://www.nickyee.com/report.pdf

Enjoy,
- Olof (Teodric)