[MUD-Dev] character longevity statistics

Val Trullinger vtrullin at sunmail.chapman.edu
Thu Feb 21 16:45:09 CET 2002

Someone, I think maybe Raph, had asked a while back about character
longevity on text MUDs. I threw up a survey on mine, The Two Towers.
There are 18230 registered players (characters) on the mud; 2417 of
them logged in over the last 40 days and took the character
longevity survey.

  Issue: char_longevity
  To: all
  Added on Fri Jan 11 14:03:07 2002

    Q: how long have you played this current character in rl? (not
    mudtime)

      A1: less than a month  (Votes: 330)
      A2: over one month, but less than three months  (Votes: 231)
      A3: three to six months  (Votes: 265)
      A4: six months to a year  (Votes: 314)
      A5: over one year  (Votes: 333)
      A6: over two years  (Votes: 306)