[MUD-Dev] [DGN] Creating a MUD

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Tue Jun 4 16:48:41 CEST 2002

Richard Krush wrote:

>  Considering the above, I would like to ask people who have a lot
>  of experience with MUD development or general programming whether
>  I should do what I planned or postpone it until I get a degree in
>  CS.

Start now. The most important part of programming a text MUD is
starting it, continuing to work on it, and opening it to players. It
can be difficult to stay motivated without players giving you
feedback and a reason to continue. When I started Achaea, I knew
nothing about coding at all, and I certainly didn't (and don't) have
a degree or any real experience in CS. Get yourself a good engine,
and the rest of the coding isn't hyper-difficult.

--matt