[MUD-Dev] Memory Footprints

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Wed Jun 5 08:43:07 CEST 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 szii at sziisoft.com wrote:

> Anyone willing to share the memory footprint of their
> MUD(s)/MMOLRPG?  I'm curious what the "average" is for
> DIKU/SMAUG/custom/etc games.  (Serverside, for those who have
> graphical clients.)

Right now, TOP shows that Achaea is sucking up about 180 megs, with
about 20 days of process uptime (which is relevant only because I
know we have a small memory leak. Memory usage upon startup might be
about 130 megs.)

Hope that helps. I should mention that I feel that our design
encourages wasteful memory usage, and that Achaea could be
re-written with at least some reduced memory use. I'm sure I could
get rid of 30 megs or so.

--matt